Honey mustard chicken salad with avocado, bacon, and goat cheese is a complete meal salad that is so tasty and beyond ordinary! Easy to toss and assemble together, no cooking skills required. A no-sweat, no-fuss salad recipe.
I have this recipe for honey mustard chicken salad with avocado 2-3 times in my weekly menu because that's how good and awesome it is. You can never go wrong with it and even can not get enough of it.
It's just so delicious and healthy. The ingredients are adjustable and stretchable that you can add as many or as fewer fruits, vegetables, and nuts as you want. That's the formula for this epic salad.
Get the taste of the honey mustard dressing right. That is the secret of this salad! It perfectly binds all the ingredients together and even serves as a marinade for the chicken making the chicken so flavorsome, juicy, and tender.
I make the marinade in advance and in bulk so it's always ready whenever I want to make this honey mustard chicken salad with avocado.
How to Make this Recipe for Chicken Salad with Avocado, Bacon, and Goat Cheese in Honey Mustard Dressing?
To make this hearty salad, you will need the ingredients below. Some of the ingredients are not required, you can replace it with whatever is available in your pantry.
To make the honey mustard dressing, you need honey, dijon mustard, ground mustard, olive oil, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
Marinating the chicken for 30 minutes to an hour using the dressing is the prime key factor in this phenomenal and fully-loaded salad. But if time is of the essence, don't worry, just rub the dressing to the chicken and proceed to fry without marinating.
You can use either chicken fillet or skinless and boneless thighs.
Grill or lightly fry the chicken until cooked through on both sides after marinating. Cube or slice them once cooked.
- romaine lettuce
- avocado (you can substitute this with strawberries or mangoes)
- tomatoes (sliced, grape or cherry kind)
- bacon (fried and sliced into bits)
- corn kernels
- red onion
- goat cheese (or any cheese you have or none at all)
- optional ingredients: nuts, raisins, croutons
Assembling Your Salad
In a big bowl, assemble your sliced lettuce first, add the chicken, red onion, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, corn. Pour in the dressing and drizzle with goat cheese.
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad with Avocado, Bacon & Goat Cheese
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or any vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
Marinated Chicken Using the Dressing
- 1 pound chicken fillet either breast or skinless boneless thighs
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced 1-2 inches wide
- 4 strips bacon, crispy fried and sliced to bits
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced grape or cherry kind
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup corn kernel
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- goat cheese to garnish optional
- 1/4 cup croutons optional
- In a small jar or bowl make the dressing by combining and stirring all the dressing ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, marinate the chicken using 1/3 of the dressing. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to 1 hour if possible. Reserve the rest of the dressing for later.
- In a pan, fry the bacon until crispy. Once done, remove the bacon and lightly fry the chicken until brown on both sides or until cooked through. Remove from pan and slice or cube the chicken.
- In a salad bowl or any bowl big enough to fit everything, assemble the salad. Start with the lettuce then add the rest of the salad ingredients on top. Pour in the rest of the dressing and drizzle with goat cheese. Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Comment