This nutritious, delicious and easy zucchini bread recipe is simply such a summer treat! It's one of those 'quick and easy' recipes with easy to follow baking process that anyone can make!
Before we jump on about zucchini bread, I'd like to emphasize on how healthy zucchini is. According to healthline, it is full of nutrients, anti-oxidants, helps with digestion and good for vision among many others. So it's only right that you add zucchini frequently to your cooking.
Zucchini is also known as a summer squash and this vegetable comes in mostly dark or light green in color and some golden yellow too. For this recipe, we are going to use green zucchini.
Zucchini is such a versatile squash that you can use in any type of cooking method. You can either steam it, boil, grill, stuff it inside, bbq, bake or fry.
How to Make Easy Zucchini Bread
The process of baking moist zucchini bread is same with baking banana bread but instead of banana we are going to use grated zucchini.
You can make this simple bread recipe in so many different ways like:
- Mixing in walnuts, chocolate chips, or even other fruits namely pineapple bits and banana
- Reducing the amount of some ingredients (sugar), replacing them totally (from regular flour to almond flour), or even slashing some of it (eggless)
- Modifying the ingredients to make this zucchini bread vegan, paleo, keto, low carb, low sugar, low fat or gluten-free
- Baking it in a loaf bread or in muffin tins
- Glazing it with sugar or sprinkles
What are the ingredients of Zucchini Bread
The ingredients of zucchini bread are grated zucchini, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, eggs, apple sauce, oil, vanilla and with the option to add nuts or chocolate chips.
These ingredients are common in your kitchen and pantry. If not, you can easily find them from your local grocery.
Note: this recipe is good for 2 loaves of bread.
Zucchini. Dark green is preferable, small to medium size. This size of zucchini is watery that will add to the bread's moistness. So do not squeeze out those healthy juices away. Moreover, do not peel the zucchini just grate them finely right away after washing.
Dry Ingredients. For dry ingredients, you will need All-purpose flour. Make sure to sift it in order for you to be able to mix it easily. You can replace it with almond flour as well. Brown Sugar will make your bread rich in color and so much flavor. Granulate sugar is okay to use as well. Salt, baking soda, baking powder and ground cinnamon (for added aroma).
Wet Ingredients. For the wet ingredients you need to have eggs, apple sauce for extra moisture and texture, vegetable oil and vanilla, the usual stuff.
Optional ingredients are nuts like pecans, walnuts, or chocolate chips.
Now let's starting prepping and baking.
You need a bowl, a whisk or a fork and a happy attitude. If you have an electric mixer much better.
First, preheat your oven to 350 deg F. Second, prepare the pans or muffin tin by greasing them. You can also use parchment paper.
Next, combine all wet ingredients one by one in a bowl. Mix until smooth. in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Then, slowly put the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
Add the grated Zucchini last! Zucchini has a delicate flavor, if you add it immediately to the batter, the flavor will be overpowered by the sugar and the spices. So add the zucchini by the very end.
Pour the batter into the pans and put in the oven.
Bake to perfection for 45-60 minutes. Perfection means not gooey or raw in the middle and not burnt or hard in the outside.
Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick. When it comes out clean it's baked good.
Can you freeze the zucchini bread?
Yes. Zucchini bread is freezer-friendly and can be kept inside the fridge for several days. Make sure to wrap the bread with foil or plastic wrap before freezing.
How many calories and carbs are there in zucchini bread?
This easy zucchini bread has 255 calories and 32 g carbs.
Easy Zucchini Bread Printable Recipe
Easy Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups zucchini (shredded, julienned or grated)
- 1 cup pecans
For greasing the pan
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare/grease the pans (2 loaf pans). Put a liberal amount of butter to the pan (either 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pans or muffin tins) and put flour lightly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients, be sure to sift them to remove lumps.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Also, stir in the zucchini and the nuts. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pans. Bake for 45-60 minutes. If using muffin tins bake 20-25 minutes. Use a tester or a toothpick, if it comes out clean then it's cooked! Remove from the pans and place on wire rack to cool.
Please don't forget to share! 😉