Here are 22 easy asparagus salad recipes to make you happy all spring long!
Asparagus salad is the perfect spring dish! It's light, healthy, and flavorful. Plus, it's easy to make (20 minutes or less) and tailor it to your liking. The ingredients are simple, but the flavor is complex – fresh, hearty, and crisp. Plus, asparagus is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
With its light, crisp flavor, and fresh bite, you can serve asparagus salad with ease and can make every meal brighter. This dish is the perfect first course for an elegant dinner or an impressive addition to your next BBQ cookout.
Asparagus salad is a great way to enjoy the taste of asparagus. A wonderful salad that is a combination of asparagus, a dressing, and optional ingredients that add another layer of flavor. Enjoy this salad as a side dish, appetizer, or a light meal.
If you want something alternative to asparagus salad that is also light and refreshing, you can make cucumber salads, or watermelon feta. For a protein rich salad, try honey mustard chicken salad with avocado or Caesar salad.
Tips for a Delicious Asparagus Salad
There are so many ways to make a delicious asparagus salad that you will probably want to be eating it multiple times per week. But how do you make asparagus salad recipes into something amazing?
Well, there are plenty of different variations out there, but here are some tips and ways on how you can make your next asparagus salad taste even better:
- Use good quality ingredients. When making any kind of dish, you always want to start off with quality ingredients. If you use fresh, high-quality asparagus, you don’t have to do much to it to make it taste delicious. Not only will it taste great, but it will also be good for you. You want to make sure to use good quality olive oil as well.
- Complementing toppings and other ingredients. When you are making an asparagus salad you don’t want to just throw everything into a bowl and call it a day. To make it a real salad, you want to add in the toppings and ingredients that will complement the asparagus and each other.
- Try different ways of cooking asparagus. Asparagus is a very versatile vegetable. You can have them raw, roasted, fried, grilled, boiled or even baked. Use different cooking methods to take advantage of how versatile asparagus is.
Asparagus Salad Variations
Aside from asparagus, here are great add-ons to turn your salad to great heights!
- Add leafy greens. Dark leafy greens like spinach, kale, arugula and even Swiss chard, go great with asparagus. These greens are very healthy and full of vitamins and minerals. They have a very distinct taste, so you don’t have to add a lot of them to make a big difference.
- Add some protein. Asparagus is low in protein, so if you’re trying to get more protein in your diet, adding some protein source to your asparagus salad is a great way to do it. Some good protein additions to try are beans, peas, or corn, shredded chicken, grilled fish, salmon, tuna, bacon or even hard-boiled eggs.
- Dress it up! Asparagus is delicious on its own, but there is nothing wrong with dressing it to your heart's content. You can add a dressing to your asparagus salad to give it a different flavor and make it taste even better. Use a traditional vinaigrette, with a bit more vinegar or lemon juice or use an Italian-style dressing, which is a bit more rich and creamy like sour cream and mayo.
- Spice it up! Spice your salad more by adding some herbs to the dressing such as cilantro, parsley,or dill. And also something spicy like chili flakes, paprika or even tarragon
- Top it up! Top with Parmesan, feta cheese, and something crunchy like croutons, roasted nuts or seeds. You can also add something sweet and juicy, like tomatoes, grapes, apples, pears or dried fruits.
Here are a few of my favorite mouth-watering asparagus salad recipes.
1. Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by The Recipe Critic
A crowd favorite! This salad has a fresh and zesty crunch, thanks to the lemon vinaigrette dressing drizzled on top.
2. Shaved Asparagus with Goat Cheese & Hazelnuts by Healthy Seasonal Recipes
A quick and simple salad featuring shaved asparagus ribbons and romaine lettuce, tossed with a dill shallot vinaigrette. Also with hazelnuts and fresh goat cheese toppings, and is ready in just 20 minutes.
3. Cold Asparagus Salad by Running in a Skirt
Best served cold! This is what this salad is! Toss tender asparagus, salty feta cheese, and sharp red onion in a bright lemon vinaigrette.
4. Asparagus Pasta Salad With Honey Mustard by How Sweet Eats
This fun and festive pasta salad features asparagus, cherry tomatoes, onions and cubed cheddar cheese in savory honey mustard dressing.
Yum! Perfect as a light meal or a side to baked chicken or any meat recipes!
5. Raw Asparagus Salad with Walnuts and Parmesan by Alexandra Cooks
One of the best asparagus salad recipes out there that uses raw asparagus! Yes, you can eat raw asparagus in a salad and it's really good.
I know because I've tried it and loved it. The key is to use fresh asparagus that has been trimmed and washed well. Then, just chop it up into bite-size pieces and add it to your favorite salad recipe.
Add walnuts for crunch and parmesan to make more tasty!
6. Grilled Asparagus with Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, Feta and Kalamata Olives by Closet Cooking
A great and healthy way to cook asparagus is by grilling. Here are some tips for how to grill asparagus perfectly every time:
First, preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Next, trim the ends of the asparagus spears and discard them. Drizzle olive oil or melted butter over the spears, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the spears for 3-5 minutes, turning once, until they are crisp-tender.
Finally, top with a delicious mixture of roasted red peppers, feta cheese and Kalamata olives. The perfect combination of flavors and spring colors!
7. Roasted Asparagus Salad with Tomato and Basil by Mediterranean Dish
Tomatoes and basil in a bed of delicious roasted asparagus! What more can you ask for?!
8. Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cooking Classy
A salad with tomatoes is not only healthy, but it is also tasty and refreshing just like this salad. The contrasting color of cherry tomatoes best complements the green of asparagus making them perfect for each other creating a festival of colors!
Also, tomatoes are flavorful and versatile. They can be used in both cold and warm salads, and their sweetness pairs well with both savory and sweet flavors!
9. Asparagus with Hard-Boiled Eggs & Creamy Dijon Dressing by Once Upon a Chef
I'm not sure why, but I always think of salads as being more virtuous when they have hard boiled eggs in them. Maybe it's because they're so filling? Or maybe it's because they add some much-needed flavor and texture? Whatever the reason, I know that I always enjoy my salads more when there are hard boiled eggs involved.
This asparagus salad with egg really hits the spot especially with it's creamy Dijon dressing!
If you've never tried adding hard boiled eggs to your salad before, I highly recommend giving it a try! You might be surprised at how delicious it can be.
10. Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus by Plant Based RD
I'm not sure what it is about lemon orzo in a salad with asparagus, but it's my new favorite thing. It's light, refreshing, and the perfect mix of savory and tart.
If you never heard of orzo, it's actually a small, rice-shaped pasta that is delicious when cooked al dente. In this recipe, it is combined with lemon juice and zest to give it a bright flavor.
Asparagus adds another layer of freshness to the dish, while Parmesan cheese (if using) provides salty richness. This salad can be served either cold or at room temperature, making it the perfect potluck dish!
11. Asparagus Chickpea Quinoa Salad by Two Peas and their Pod
A salad that is a perfect combination of healthy and delicious! Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, while chickpeas are a good source of iron. Asparagus is a great source of vitamins A, C, E, and K. This salad is also low in calories and fat-free.
Making this salad is easy: just cook the quinoa according to package instructions, then rinse and drain the chickpeas. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Mix together the quinoa, chickpeas, asparagus, dressing of your choice (I like lemon vinaigrette), salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
12. Potato Asparagus Warm Salad by Sugar Salt Magic
I'm not sure who first decided that potatoes and asparagus would be a good match, but I'm certainly glad they did. The potatoes are soft and fluffy, while the asparagus is crunchy and slightly salty.
I really love a good warm potato salad. It's the perfect comfort food - hearty, filling, and delicious. This recipe is a little different than your average potato salad, though. It features fresh asparagus and a tangy sweet garlicky dressing.
13. Asparagus with Grated Egg & Avocado by Two Peas & Their Pod
Grating egg on top of a salad or a sandwich is viral lately in every social media!
The great thing about grated egg is that it adds bulk and protein to your salad without making it too heavy. It allows its flavors to distribute evenly throughout the dish.
It also gives the salad a nice creamy texture, which pairs well with crunchy vegetables like asparagus. Plus, the added flavor of the egg makes any ordinary salad taste special.
14. Asparagus Broccolini Salad by Foodal
Broccolini is the perfect vegetable for a salad because it has a slightly bitter taste that contrasts well with the sweetness of asparagus. The two vegetables are also both relatively low in calories, making this salad a healthy option.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy broccolini and asparagus is in a simple salad with just olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. This easy asparagus salad recipe highlights the natural flavors of both vegetables without overpowering them.
The combination of broccolini and asparagus makes for an elegant yet simple side dish that everyone will love!
15. Asparagus & Chicken Salad With Sesame Ginger Dressing by Fountain Avenue Kitchen
In this salad, asparagus is paired with sesame ginger dressing and chicken for a tasty and satisfying meal.
The asparagus in this salad is cooked until it is just tender, then tossed with a delicious sesame ginger dressing. The chicken is also cooked until it is nice and juicy, then added to the salad along with some chopped scallions and cilantro. This makes for a healthy, balanced meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
If you are looking for something new and exciting to add to your salad repertoire, then be sure to give this asparagus salad with sesame ginger dressing a try. It's sure to become one of your favorites!
16. Grilled Asparagus & Corn Salad by Barbecue Bible
There’s something about grilled corn and asparagus that just make it perfect for a salad. The smoky sweetness of the grilled corn pairs perfectly with the slight bitterness of the asparagus, and the lemony dressing ties it all together.
This dish is perfect for family picnic or potluck, but it’s also hearty enough to serve as a main course. So fire up your grill and get cooking!
17. Asparagus with Salmon by Kalyns Kitchen
Salmon is a popular fish that is often eaten in salads. It has a delicate flavor and a firm texture. It can be grilled, baked, or broiled, and it goes well with many different types of salad dressings.
Adding salmon to one of your asparagus salad recipes not only enhances the flavor of the dish but also ups its nutritional value.
If you're looking for an easy way to add some excitement to your salads, consider using grilled or smoked salmon as a topping! Not only will you enjoy the delicious taste but you'll also be getting some important nutrients into your diet at the same time.
18. Shrimp Asparagus Avocado Salad by Downshiftology
Shrimp in asparagus salad is just so irresistible to the palate. The pairing of succulent, salty shrimp with the slightly bitter, earthy taste of asparagus is a match made in heaven.
And when you add some diced avocado and a handful of spinach with a light vinaigrette dressing? It’s practically impossible to resist!
So if you’re looking for something special to serve up this spring, why not give shrimp in asparagus salad a taste? You will never be disappointed!
19. Strawberry Asparagus Salad by Southern Discourse
A salad with strawberries just makes you feel like springtime! Maybe it's the sweetness of the fruit, or the way they add a splash of color to an otherwise-plain dish. No matter what it is, I can't get enough of them!
I always try to include strawberries in my salads whenever possible. They work well with both greens (like asparagus) and fruits, and they add a delicious crunchy texture. Plus, their bright red color is always eye-catching.
If you're looking for a new way to enjoy salads this spring, I highly recommend making this strawberry asparagus salad!
20. Asparagus with Farro Salad by I Heart Vegetables
Farro is one of my favorite grains to add to a salad. It has a nutty flavor and a slightly chewy texture that I really enjoy. It's also high in protein and fiber, which makes it a great option if you're looking for something healthy to eat.
To make this salad, start by cooking your farro according to package instructions. Once it's cooked, let it cool slightly before mixing in some chopped asparagus spears. You can either either grill, steame or bake your asparagus.
Next, add in some almonds and crumbled romano cheese for extra flavor and texture. Finally, dress everything with your favorite vinaigrette lemon dressing. Give it a good stir until everything is evenly coated, then serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
21. Spring Salad with Asparagus, Peas & Goat Cheese by Recipe Tin Eats
Spring is a time for new beginnings, and there's no better way to welcome the season than with a fresh spring salad. This recipe features asparagus, peas and goat cheese - all of which are in season during the spring months.
The salad is simple to make but packs a lot of flavor. The asparagus is roasted until tender-crisp, then tossed with fresh peas, boiled snow peas and crumbled goat cheese. A light vinaigrette brings all the flavors together, making this salad perfect for any springtime gathering.
So why not celebrate the arrival of warmer weather by whipping up a delicious spring salad? It's sure to be enjoyed by everyone at your table!
22. Arugula, Asparagus & Egg Salad by From A Chef's Kitchen
Arugula is the star of the show in this salad, and it's easy to see why. With its peppery flavor and slightly bitter taste, arugula adds a lot of character to any dish.
In this particular salad, it pairs perfectly with asparagus, another vegetable that has a strong flavor profile. Together, they make a delicious and healthy meal that's perfect for any time of day.
No matter which recipe you choose, to make your own personal favorite asparagus salad always has these things in common; fresh green spears of the vegetable itself chopped into bite size pieces sometimes roasted or grilled briefly tossed gently in a bowl then dressed just before eating.